REMEMBER GHEORGHE MARINESCU (1863-1938)
PIONEER AND FOUNDER OF THE ROMANIAN SCHOOL OF NEUROLOGY
Assoc. Prof. Aurel Mohan MD. PhD1, Stud. Andrei Alexandru Marinescu2, Prof. Adrian Cotirlet MD. PhD3, Assoc Prof. Vicentiu Saceleanu MD. PhD4 and Prof. Dr. PhD. MSc. Alexandru Vlad Ciurea2,5
- University of Oradea, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery; Bihor County Emergency Hospital, Department of Neurosurgery, Oradea
- University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Carol Davila”, Bucharest
- “Vasile Alecsandri” University, Bacau; Department of General Surgery, Moinesti Emergency Hospital, Bacau
- Sibiu County Emergency Clinical Hospital, Department of Neurosurgery, Sibiu
- Sanador Clinical Hospital, Department of Neurosurgery, Bucharest
Correspondence author: Andrei Alexandru Marinescu:
The celebrated personality of the well-known Romanian scientist Gheroghe Marinescu must not be forgotten. 80 years have passed since the passing of the founder of the Romanian school of neurology and his work is still relevant for the modern medicine. His discoveries in the clinical, histopathological and lab research fields are considered classics in the neurological sciences. We must not forget his contribution to the first medical documentary.
The Romanian school of neurology and neurosurgery pays tribute to this great international personality whose work and accomplishments still lights the road to knowledge.
Key-words: Gheorghe Marinescu, neurology, Romanian medicine, history
LIFE AND EDUCATION
“In our country there should be no young man, student, doctor, biologist nor a man who wishes to have a general culture and to know our countries cultural development that will ignore the life of this exceptional man. Indeed, it`s about an extraordinary man, whose work represents the fruit of the nation’s genius.” – Acad. C. I. Parhon (1874-1969) about Gheorghe Marinescu.
Recognized today as the father of Romanian neurology, Academician Gheorghe Marinescu (1863-1938) (Photo 1) is one of the Romanian personalities who advanced considerably the medical sciences both nationally and internationally.
Articolul a fost scris sub indrumarea Prof. A. V. Ciurea.